The Building Better Opportunities programme is funded by Big Lottery Fund and the European Social Fund (ESF) who are co-investing in local projects tackling the root causes of worklessness, promoting social inclusion and driving local jobs and growth.
Community Matters is one of four projects within this programme across the Black Country and will help people across Walsall, Wolverhampton, Dudley and Sandwell move into or closer to employment by developing their skills and confidence.
Community Matters is managed by the Heart of England Community Foundation in partnership with local organisations across the Black Country.
Access to Business is one of those partners. We will be working alongside the following partners to deliver the project; Accord Age Matters, Bilston Resource Centre, Black Country Housing Group, Dudley Caribbean and Friends Association, Ideal For All, Just Straight Talk, Manor Farm Community Association, Refugee and Migrant Centre, SWEDA, TLC College, Walsall College, Walsall Housing Group, WELL Associates and Zebra Access.
Access to Business will be delivering the following specific activities…
• Improving general confidence and self esteem
• Addressing barriers
• Encouraging clients in making job searching a bigger priority in their lives
• Pursuing pathways into both volunteering and accredited training
• How to really enhance your CV and increase your chances of getting that interview
• Helping around improving their basic IT skills
• How to shine at the interview stage
• Exploring effective methods in finding employment• Career advice and job direction
For more information about the Community Matters Programme please contact Simon on 01902 572397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the Community Matters Programme please email email@example.com or visit www.heartofenglandcf.co.uk